After being nominated for Liebster Award a couple of weeks ago, I recently received another good blogging news: My blog was mentioned by Stephanie, writing for Lady of the Zoos, for Versatile Blogger Nomination!
What a wonderful news and I am very thankful to Stephanie for this honour!
Versatile Blogger nominations are made taking into account the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered and the popularity enjoyed by the writers.
The main rule of the Versatile game are:
– Thank the person who nominated you
– Share 7 things about you
1. Since my early college years, I always wanted to write. The passion for words started after reading Virginia Woolf’s diary and never left me. However, I never studied journalism and literature, but Political Science and History.
2. Learning and practising foreign languages is a big passion of mine, that goes together well with my love for travel and discovering new places, histories and cultures.
3. I’ve learned how to cook relatively late in life, but since I am keen to experience new tastes and recipes. One day, will do a proper cooking schooling, I promise! Till then, I have every week a new cooking challenge – and this goes on even when I am on the road.
4. Travel was part of me personal history from my early life: not only that we moved very often from a town to another, but also tried to see the nice and interesting place of every town, although at the first sight the place was looking appealingly boring. I am grateful to have been taught that boredom is a matter of wrong perspective.
5. At a certain point in my life, I decided to give up relatively successful business and academic careers for taking a different, more adventurous path. I am thankful for the opportunities I was offered and I tried to learn as much as possible from my experiences. I don’t preach anyone to do the same, but to simply find out what he or she is really enjoying to do every day and find a way to reach this aim.
6. I am the clumsiest person when it comes to sports. My mother, of blessed memory, insisted that I take tennis classes, but after 3 months of failure to hold the racket correctly, my trainer advised me as politely as possible to GIVE UP! I don’t know to swim either, and the idea of me skiing from the top of the slope scares me, but I am sure that one day will put myself on trial and correct this painful situation.
7. Whatever happens in my life, I assume that ‘It’s for the best’. I was offered awesome opportunities, more than second chances and a lot of luck. And now, also blogger nominations! Can I wish for more?
– Nominate 15 bloggers
Here are my winners:
Sophie from Oohmyworld
Deia from Nomad Wallet
Amanda from Maroc Mama
Shanon from Traveling Scholar
Randi and Michael from Just a Pack
Dale and Franca from Anglo Italian Follow Us
Dave from Cook Sip Go
Clare from Monarch Butterfly Voyager
Rita from Traveling with Rita
Mariella from Bridge Keeping Traveller
Danik, the Explorer
Mel from Living in Stuttgart
Pandorra from Blogging in Heels
Aaron from ElATLboy
Aggy from Dream Explore Wander
Lots of happy travels, everyone!