Good news! Good news!
Andrew Boland, from World Journeys, was so kind to nominate me for this year edition of Liebster Award! Liebster – the name is of German origin and means ‘sweetest’, ‘beloved’ – Award is aimed to outline blogging work that deserves more visibility. It goes into the blogging community, as the nominations are made by the bloggers themselves. Once you are nominated, you should answer the questions (10) you were addressed, nominate another 10 bloggers, ask them 10 smart questions and let them know the good news.
It’s a wonderful way to encourage the blogging identity, communication and dialogue! And thank you very much, Andrew, for the nomination!
Now, let’s answer the questions!
1. What’s the country you most wanted to visit that you haven’t visited yet?
Anyone who knows me well will answer that it’s hardly any country in the world that I’m not curious to visit at least once. But I will add that from time to time, there is one and only country that I seriously dream about it. Right now, it’s Ethiopia.
2. Why (do you want to visit it)?
I’ve heard, read and have been told wonderful things about the culture, the nature, the food and especially the people of this country. The perfect combo incentive to make me plan seriously a trip there!
3. What is the most awkward situation you’ve found yourself in when travelling?
Falling so asleep at my gate at Stansted airport that I couldn’t hear the call(s) for my plane. Let’s hope this is the most awkward situation in my whole travel life!
4. What’s the one thing in your pack you never go travelling without, and why?
Except my passport, isn’t it? That permanent presence is my camera: even though I forgot my notebook, the pictures will remind me everything I’ve seen during my trip. As I am exclusively using my pictures to illustrate my blog posts, without my camera it will be a little blogging drama going on!
5. How has your blog changed since you began it?
I seriously started blogging for Ilana on the road one year and a half ago, and since then, I tried to diversify the content and the projects featured. I am always trying to do new things and introduce new topics and improve my writing from a post to another, so expect always good changes going on there.
6. What’s the most satisfying things about blogging?
Writing! You know that moment when you are a teenager and think seriously what you want to do when you grow up? I knew since 17 or so that all I want to do in my life is writing and tried various variants and possibilities, but blogging seems to be tailored to my way of being, as it’s not only writing and it’s not only research. And it’s always a lot of action going on!
7. What camera do you use and why would/why wouldn’t you recommend it?
I’m a clumsy person when it comes to technical items, and I prefer a brand that is professional, easy to use and answering my blogging needs. For almost 5 years, I am permanently using Nikon, various types, with more complicated or easier configurations and I am more than happy with it.
8. What’s the most relaxing place you’ve visited?
When I’m tired and in need of a nice place I am always thinking about Israel and some special quiet corner on the beaches in Tel Aviv or Haifa.
9. What’s the most dangerous situation you’ve been in whilst travelling?
I love to travel a lot, but my life is a precious gift so trying as much as possible to avoid dangerous situations. I’m grateful that I never went through such encounters, except some innocent allergies!
10. What’s your biggest travelling regret?
Wish I can travel more!
While thinking about who shall I nominate for the Liebster Award, I prepared some – I hope – challenging questions:
1. What’s your earliest travel memory ?
2. What’s your top 3 list of travel recommendations?
3. What would you say to a person who never travelled?
4. What are your travel plans for the next 6 months?
5. What’s your favourite winter destination?
6. What’s the most important advice you ever received?
7. How would your life be without travel?
8. What’s your biggest challenge when it comes to travel?
9. What are the 6 countries one should not miss in a round the world trip?
10. Let the readers know your 2 recommendations for becoming a better blog writer!
And…my winners are:
Kasha from Lines of Escape @
Dorothée from The Touristin @DoroLef
Vlad from Eff it, I’m on Holiday @
Colleen from Ad-lib Traveller @
Alyssa from Alyssa Writes @
Nicole from Vegan Nom Noms @
Michelle from Confessed Travelholic @t
Mel from Mel Loves Travel @
Can’t wait to read their answers!